As a private practice for over 25 years, Canarsie Animal Hospital has been providing small animal veterinary health care and medical services, satisfying the needs of many pets and their owners .more
From consultation to diagnostics and treatment: Our team is committed to preserving and restoring your animal's health.
To our valued clients,
Update as of May 22, 2022: We will be implementing new client appointment/ cancellations policies. Please view the new Cancellations/ Missed Appointment Policy in the "About Us" section for further information before setting up new or future appointmens.
Update as of 06/12/2020: We will be slowly allowing clients back into the clinic Starting Monday June 15th, 2020. As we start this new transition, we will be doing the following:
- We will only be seeing clients by advance appointment at this time. We are allowing only one pet per appointment slot at this time. Clients with more than one pet may need to make multiple appointments. Appointments can only be made by phone during our open hours. Walk-In's are no longer being accepted at this time. You must have an appointment to be allowed into the clinic. Sameday appointments may be subject to availability. Emergency visits
may be limited due to appointment scheduling.
- At this time, we are asking that anyone who is confirmed CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 POSITIVE, Exhibiting possible FLU-Like symptoms, Currently waiting for COVID-19 Test results, or has confirmed relationship of exposure to someone who is confirmed COVID-19 POSITIVE, to NOT ENTER the animal hospital building at this time. It is advised to call the office first.
No one with active COVID-19 infection are not allowed to enter the practice because doing so may expose the members of the veterinary healthcare team, as well as other clients, to the disease
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or are quarantined due to potential COVID-19 exposure, please call ahead first so we that we can address your pet’s needs, and advise you on the next steps that may need to be taken.
- Masks will be required in the clinic by our staff members and clients. Clients will not be allowed into the clinic unless he or she is wearing appropriate masks/facial coverings as recommended by CDC and NYS Health Department Guidlines.
- We are asking that you call when you arrive at the clinic to inform us that you are here. As soon as we have the exam room available, our staff will contact you to come into the clinic and a staff member will take your pet to the exam room.
- We will be allowing only one Client (Upto 2 persons per pet) per appointment, into the clinic at a time. We ask all clients to practice appropriate social distancing.
- We will slowly schedule our routine surgeries and vaccine appointments, but are scheduling them further out to allow time to continue to get caught up.
-For medication refills and pickups: Requests must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Payment can be made also in advance over the phone. We ask that you call the clinic when you arrive so we can bring your order out to you at the scheduled pick up time.
We are going to be intitating cleaning/sanitizing protocols with increasing frequency on a daily basis.
We thank you for your understanding and patience while we make these changes to help keep our community safe and healthy.
The staff at Canarsie Animal Hospital